I am an experienced and professionally accredited counsellor, working with both individuals and couples.
I have a post graduate specialist training as a psychosexual and relationship therapist, which includes support for specific sexual difficulties, both within relationships and as individuals.
I am bilingual and offer therapy and counselling both in English and Spanish.
Psychotherapy and Counselling with Alvaro Navarro
Discussing personal, sexual or relationship problems can be very difficult. I aim to create a comfortable, confidential and safe place where you can talk about any difficulties and issues you may be experiencing in a non-shaming way. I have a Diploma in Gender and Sexual Diversity Therapy so I am used to working with a wide variety of people with differing outlooks and practices. I am a sex positive therapist and I am comfortable exploring alternative sexual interests.
I settled in London in 2001 and live with my partner in a cross cultural relationship, so have first hand experience of the particular challenges of sharing your life with someone from a very different background
Areas I work with:
I work with a range of presenting issues including and not limited to:
Specific Sexual difficulties such as:
- Loss or lack of sexual desire
- Orgasmic difficulties
- Painful Intercourse (Dyspareunia)
- Erectile Difficulties (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Ejaculation Difficulties (Ejaculatory Dysfunction)
- Out of Control Sexual Behaviour (Sex addiction)
- Survivors of Sexual abuse
Sexual difficulties are very common and it is very likely that we all will have sexual problems at some point in our lives. The cause of these difficulties may be physical or emotional, perhaps a combination of both. We can look together at the possible causes of the issues, the factors that may perpetuate the difficulty and explore potential solutions.
We can address these issues in a shorter-term solution focussed way or within a broader context of the factors which may contribute to sexual and relationship difficulties such as general anxiety, depression or religious and cultural background. Relationship factors can play a major role in sexual problems, such as unhappiness, anger and conflict.
Psychotherapy Qualifications and Training:
I am an Accredited Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work in accordance with their professional and ethical guidelines
My qualifications include:
- London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy – 2-year training, accredited by Middlesex University and approved by COSRT (College of Sexual & Relationship Therapists)
- Diploma in Gender and Sexual Diversity Therapy – 1-year training with Pink Therapy, accredited by Middlesex University
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling – 3-year training at CPPD (Centre for Personal & Professional Development), which is a BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) accredited course.
I have been providing counselling in different clinical settings since 2006, including the NHS (in a specialist sexual health and addiction service and GP practice), at a Local Counselling Service working with NHS patients, where I supported both individuals and couples struggling with a diverse range of sexual difficulties and at a number of different charities including a Bereavement Service, a LGBT+ charity and a service supporting sex workers.
You can either call or email me. I’m happy to talk on the telephone about any concerns or questions you may have about the process.
£75 per 50-minute session for individuals
£95 per 50-minute session for couples
I accept payment by cash or bank transfer.