The work of psychodynamic psychotherapy offers you the time and place to get to know yourself better and the chance to think about things in a new way.
Psychodynamic Psychotherapy with Lynne Stackhouse
Areas I work with:
I work with a range of issues including:
- Anger, anxiety, depression, stress, relationship difficulties can make us feel unable to live our lives;
- Sometimes a harshly critical internal voice can leave us with low self-esteem, and a feeling of worthlessness
- Bereavement and loss following the death of a loved one, or when a relationship ends, or as a result of professional disappointments.
- Isolation, we may feel cut off from others or cut off from our own feelings, or we may feel
- Exhausted by the ‘extreme weather’ of our powerful emotions.
- Life transitions, identity, sexual orientation – we may feel stuck and unable to make decisions because we are not at ease with how we think about ourselves or what we want our life to be.
Psychotherapy Qualifications and registration with Professional Organisations:
I gained a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice (Merit) from WPF Therapy, one of the foremost psychodynamic and psychoanalytic training centres in the country. I have worked in the NHS, with charities, and in private practice.
I am a registered member of the BPC (The British Psychoanalytic Council) and the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
I am bound by their code of ethics which ensures proper standards of care, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
I undertake regular clinical supervision with a qualified and senior clinician. I build on my knowledge and understanding by taking part in regular continued professional development events and trainings.
If you are interested in starting therapy please email me and we can arrange a time to speak on the phone about any concerns or questions you may have about the process.
Psychodynamic psychotherapy: £65 – £85 for the regular 50-minute session