Bringing your innermost difficulties and pain to a stranger can be a daunting task to say the least, so it is of the outmost importance to me that you feel heard, understood, supported and safe as together we embark on a quest to make space for and make sense of what is going on for you, and how to make the desired changes in your life.
I work with all nature of emotional & psychological difficulties that many clients face through the course of their lives. I work both with individuals and couples.
Some of the specific areas I work with are:
Some of the specific areas I work with are:
- Trauma and coping with emotional responses following a traumatic event
- Chronic pain and long-term illness
- Students and professionals, with work or study related stress, burnout and overwhelm
- Couple’s counselling and therapy for depression
I offer psychotherapy in English, as well as in Swedish and Russian. Please note that sessions in other languages than English are charged at a different rate. Please contact me for more information.
Integrative Psychotherapy with Natasha Micharina
I am a BABCP accredited psychotherapist, specialising in trauma, burnout, and chronic pain, with over 10 years of experience. I work by integrating a variety of approaches, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), CFT (Compassion focused therapy), ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy), MBCT (Mindfulness based cognitive therapy). I am also a certified EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprogramming) therapist and can offer Couples Therapy for Depression.
Over the years in the field of psychology and psychotherapy, I have had the privilege of supporting and being alongside the pain and suffering brought into the sessions by people from all walks of life and a kaleidoscope of backgrounds. I can therefore offer a solid array of therapeutic skills and tools for being with suffering, and together we can find a way that best matches your needs at this juncture in your life – from more structured short-term therapy to long-term therapy, informed by integrative principles.
My preferred way of working is integrative, steeped in mindfulness, compassion and creativity; and with a person-centred approach at its heart, it is my intention that your full lived experience is honoured in our work together.
More about the specialist areas I work with
Trauma Therapy with Natasha
Whatever the cause of the trauma be that from early childhood or perhaps a more recent event in your life, it can have a debilitating effect on your life, preventing you from living it to the fullest. Flashbacks, nightmares, depression, anxiety, hypervigilance, feeling frozen or numb inside, and a pervading sense of not feeling safe are among some of the things that can perpetuate a sense of hopelessness, powerlessness and disconnect.
I specialise in trauma treatment, and I can offer a variety of evidence-based approaches that offer effective treatment when working with trauma, including CBT (trauma focussed, compassion focussed cognitive behavioural therapies), EMDR, integrative and narrative approaches, depending on your goals and personal preferences.
You may be unfamiliar with some of these approaches, and I would be very happy to have an initial conversation with you about how they can help you overcome the impact of trauma.
Psychotherapeutic Counselling for Chronic Pain and long-term illness
Living with a chronic illness or chronic pain isn’t just about coping with the pain but about how it limits your whole life. From my own personal experience, I am keenly aware of the profound impact chronic pain can have on one’s psychological wellbeing.
My interest in chronic pain has led me to gain invaluable experience, working for a year as a psychologist with the UCLH specialist chronic pelvic pain clinic, helping women to manage their chronic pain difficulties.
Mindfulness based cognitive therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, EMDR and compassion-based therapy can be very effective at helping you to find ways of living with and moving forward from the debilitating emotional effects of living with chronic pain and illness.
Areas I work with:
I work with clients with a wide range of difficulties including the following:
- adjustment disorder
- anxiety (including GAD, OCD, PTSD),
- chronic pain management
- complex trauma
- Covid-19 related difficulties
- emotion regulation
- grief, including complicated grief
- interpersonal difficulties
- low self-esteem
- vicarious trauma
- work place related issues
Psychotherapy Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- MSc in Mindfulness and Compassion, University of West Scotland, 2022 – ongoing
- EMDR Certificate of Completion, EMDR Europe Accredited training, 2021
- Certificate in Advanced Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Skills, Bangor University, 2019
- Professional PgCert in Couples Counselling for Depression, Tavistock Relationships, 2016-2017
- SCOTACS PgDip in Counselling and Group Work, with a CBT focus, BACP/BABCP accredited, Centre of Therapy, Glasgow, 2013-2015
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills, Person-centred approach: Napier University 2012-2013
- PgDip in the Management of Training and Development: University of Edinburgh 2009-2010
- MSc in Performance Psychology: University of Edinburgh 2008-2009
- MA in Psychology, 1st Class Honours (GBR/BPS accredited): University of St. Andrews, 2003-2007
I am committed to continuous professional development, and have attended professional training for the following:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET)
- Supervision skills training
- Integrative approaches to working with trauma
Accredited with BABCP
Please contact me on
Please enquire about session fees.
Psychotherapy sessions at City Therapy Space: