Each person looking for therapy has different needs and concerns. You may be looking for help because you have identified a specific issue you would like to change like anxiety, stress or burnout, depression or relationship difficulties, or you may be experiencing a lack of fulfillment and searching for meaning in your life. Considering starting therapy can be a difficult step to take but finding someone who is able to understand can feel like a relief.
I offer a secure and confidential space where you can discuss whatever may be troubling you without fear of judgment. I offer psychotherapy in Polish and English.
Jungian Analysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in Polish & English with Agata Pisula BPC accredited
I have extensive clinical experience of both private practice and across a range of NHS settings, including leading services for adults with complex mental health problems. In my professional career I have worked with people from a variety of backgrounds experiencing a wide range of emotional and relational difficulties and psychological distress as well as providing supervision, consultation and training to individuals and groups.
I believe that the psychoanalytic approach offers a real opportunity to feel more grounded in yourself and helps to equip you better to face future challenges and decisions.
This process may take time, and at times may not be an easy journey but it will ultimately facilitate internal change that allows you to feel more in charge of your own life. This approach encourages curiosity and will allow you to explore the ways in which past emotional experience can shape the way we live, work and relate in the present.
I hope that my way of working will help you feel heard and understood rather than offering advice or ready-made solutions. This focus on developing a better understanding of one’s own experience can enable you to find more purpose and meaning in life and your own ways of moving forward.
Areas I work with:
I work with a wide range of issues including:
- Relationship issues and problems -especially when unhelpful or destructive patterns are being repeated
- Returning to the workplace anxiety and depression
- Anxiety and stress, often disproportionate to events
- Unhappiness and Depression
- Difficulties with managing conflict
- A sense of failure or shame or ‘impostor syndrome’ resulting in low self esteem or loss of confidence
- Feelings of loneliness, emptiness and lack of fulfilment in life
- An unhealthy drive towards perfectionism
- Self-destructive behaviour and self-harm (often addictive behaviours around food, alcohol or substances)
- Facing major life transitions
- Feeling unable to get over a loss like a bereavement or relationship break up
- Dealing with history of trauma or abuse
- Issues of identity, self image and body image
- Issues with sexuality
- Cultural and spiritual complexities
- Personality Difficulties
- Boarding school emotional issues
Psychotherapy Qualifications and Training:
- Post Dip Psychology
- Jungian Analyst
- BPC accredited
I am a Jungian Analyst and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, a member of the Society of Analytical Psychology, and registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council and International Association for Analytical Psychology, and work to their ethical and professional standards.
I am also qualified in Mentalization-Based Therapy which is a treatment proven to be particularly useful for people who suffer long-term difficulties in relationships and who experience intense emotional distress and overwhelming feelings.
It’s important that you feel comfortable with the therapist so please call or email me to arrange an initial brief telephone conversation. We will then meet for an initial consultation during which we will explore how we may work together before making a longer term commitment to ongoing therapy.
I offer psychotherapy in Polish & English.
Please enquire about session fees.
I accept payments by cash cheque and bank transfers
I am a Health Provider with Aviva, Cigna, GeoBlue and Vitality Health insurance companies.
Psychotherapy sessions at City Therapy Space:
Directions to City Therapy Space