We all feel low or confused at times, whether that’s a vague sense of ‘overwhelm’ or a struggle with deep trauma, loss or debilitating anxiety. These uncomfortable feelings are universal.
Sometimes, however, difficult emotions collide with our beliefs, principles and values in a way that leaves us uncertain about who we are or what life is all about, let alone how to move forward.
In my experience, an impartial and confidential listener can help even the most distressing situations feel better, enabling clarity and encouraging the confidence to make useful changes in a tolerable way.
Psychotherapy and Counselling with Jess Leigh
Warm, intelligent and experienced, I’m a Humanistic (Existential/Integrative) Psychotherapist offering effective, confidential and non-judgemental professional Therapy to both individuals and couples.
A former TV Producer, I retrained as a Therapist in 2009, following a period of intense personal challenge. After a hugely rewarding (actually life-affirming) period ‘in therapy’ myself, I’ve since had the pleasure of working with a widely diverse range of clients.
I am privileged to have witnessed extraordinary change towards healthy, confident and purposeful living in our work together, and am passionate about the benefits Therapy can offer (yet in no way fit the stereotype of a ‘fluffy or hippy’ counsellor!)
Relaxed, genuine and accessible I will listen to you closely, empathically and non-judgementally at all times, seeking to understand and reflect your unique experience in a direct and beneficial way, for a positive outcome.
My Therapy is delivered on a weekly, open-ended basis and I’m happy to work with whatever you bring along.
Areas I work with
Though by no means exhaustive, the following are some of the areas I specialise in:
- Anxiety and Depression including Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Chronic Health Issues.
- Couples and Relationship Therapy, and Mediation (not necessarily romantic.)
- Disordered Eating/Eating Disorders.
- Gifted, High-Achieving and High-Profile Adults, often drawn from the Media, Financial, Fashion, Music, Medical and Legal professions.
- Identity concerns – Sexuality, Gender and LGBT*-related issues, also sense of loss of Identity.
- ‘Imposter Syndrome’ and Confidence-building.
- Relationship concerns – personal, family, work.
- Stress, ‘Stuckness’ and Overwhelm, including that of Highly Sensitive clients (HSP) and ADHD.
Whatever’s on your mind, I will support you to make sense of it safely and to move forward with greater understanding, self-awareness and confidence.
I take up regular professional development opportunities, have qualified supervision and will always adhere to BACP guidelines of professionalism.
Please get in touch for an initial assessment.
Psychotherapy Qualifications and Training:
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP.)
- Masters-level Post-Graduate Diploma in Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling with Distinction. University of Brighton.
- Licentiate (LTCL) Teacher’s Diploma from Trinity College London.
- BA in Developmental Psychology, Arts and Languages, University of Auckland.
CPD training includes:
BPS-approved Clinical Supervision Skills, Relationship and Couples Therapy, CBT, Trauma and Bereavement, Domestic Abuse, Eating Disorders, LGBT* and Identity Therapy, and Mindfulness. I have also facilitated and developed anger management and self-esteem groups.
You can either call or email me. I’m happy to talk on the telephone about any concerns or questions you may have about the process.