I believe we all need somewhere confidential and safe to download.
Life today is so pressured, frantic and monitored that space to talk freely without judgement or stress is rare. Sometimes we simply feel overloaded, confused, down or ever in crisis. There might be money worries or relationship pressures.
Sometimes we fall into bad habits or addictions; or we need to make difficult decisions. And sometimes we simply need space to air our concerns about health, lover, work, children, friendships – or just where we are going in life.
I am an experienced, trained integrated humanistic psychotherapist who believes being listened to, understood and supported can help you to bring about important changes in your life. I believe therapy can really help you to understand and like yourself, in fact, to love yourself and become your true self. It can enable you to get on track and make the most of your life, relationships and opportunities.
Psychotherapy with Corinne Sweet
I have been working as a counsellor and psychotherapist for many years. I believe the current challenges we are facing in our society and culture, and the speed we are living at, is making is more important than ever to find time and space to think and deal with our feelings. Therapy gives you time to be with yourself, to work things out, process emotions, make decisions, in the presence of someone who is on your side and who doesn’t criticise or judge.
I have been working with people all my adult life and have benefitted hugely from my own experience of therapy. I am a campaigner, a teacher and lecturer, a broadcaster, am also a writer: I’ve written several self-help books (see below) and screenplays/dramas. I am a singer and media performer (classical concerts, TV and Radio). I also write biographies as a ‘Ghostwriter’. I run therapy workshops based on my books (see below).
Executive Coaching / Life Coaching with Corinne Sweet
Making decisions and implementing them is the stuff of life. However, the pressures can sometimes seem daunting, and the space to be able to make clear decisions, elusive.
You may need new challenges, or want to explore new arenas; or you may be wanting to change tack completely.
You may know, intuitively, that your success if being blocked – by you – in some way, but don’t know exactly how to do it. Or you may feel blocked by organisational difficulties.
It might well be time to strategize, to figure out a new way forward.
Whatever it is, I can help you, as a coach, to find your best self, to plan your path to success and to break old habits that no longer serve you.
Change is always possible, but sometimes it takes courage and support to embrace it wholeheartedly.
Areas I work with:
I can offer help with anything you bring, but in particular I have experience with:
- Everyday addiction (all sorts).
- Stress, separation and divorce, parenting (and deciding whether to have a child).
- Managing change: career, relationship, other spheres.
- Sexuality/sexual identity issues.
- I also work on money and relationships, as well as relationship issues including sex and sexuality.
- I can offer CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and Mindfulness.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
I started with Family Planning and Rape Crisis, trained as holistic Life and Executive Coach and peer counsellor. I was a Further, Adult and University Lecturer (I have a Certificate in Education). I studied an MSc at Birkbeck College in the ‘Psychodynamics of Human Development (Jungian)’, gaining a Diploma in Psychology. I have trained at Spectrum Therapy, gaining a Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I will be training in Couples work 2017-18 at Spectrum Therapy and am in ongoing supervision.
At Spectrum Therapy I have had six years of training, including: Anger Management, Childhood Sexual Abuse: Occurrence and Prevention; Basic and Intermediate Sexuality, The Drama Triangle, Gestalt and I have a Primary Certificate in CBT from the Centre for Stress Management.
Corinne Sweet’s Self-Help Books
- The Anxiety Journal (Pan MacMillan)
- The Mindfulness Journal (Pan MacMillan)
- Change Your Life With CBT: How Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can Transform your Life (Pearsons)
- How to Say No: Kick the ‘Disease to Please’ (Hodder – now available as an e-book on Amazon);
- Overcoming Addiction: Positive Steps for Breaking Free of Addiction and Building Self-Esteem (Piatkus Books – being reprinted as an e-book);
- Birth Begins At Forty: Challenging the Myths of Late Motherhood (Hodder – being reprinted as an e-book);
- Stop Fighting About Money: How Money Can Make or Break A Relationship (being reprinted as an e-book).
For more information and links to purchase books please visit my website corinnesweet.com/writer
I am happy to be contacted by email or telephone, to answer any questions you might have, and set up an initial meeting.
Please enquire about session fees
A bespoke service – please enquire about cost.