Executive coaching for women can help you navigate the corporate or business culture while integrating your core values when making important career and personal decisions.
Executive Coaching is for any woman in business no matter what industry or what level and can help you to discover:
- How to progress in the organisation in a way that reflects your values.
- That there is ‘right’ way for you to lead or manage others.
- How to manage stress, overwhelm and work-life balance.
- What the right choices are for both your career and family.
- How to identify and use your strengths.
- If & how you want to move up the corporate ladder and if so in what way.
- Whether it’s time to make a career change.
- How to become a person of influence in your organisation.
Executive coaching can help women to assert themselves confidently and with credibility while using their interpersonal skills and their unique values to influence outcomes that are right for them, their career or organisation.
Why Executive Coaching for Women?
You may question the need for a specific approach to executive coaching for women and that if you want equality, surely the executive coaching process is the same for men and women?
Women often face unique challenges but also suffer from some very common doubts and worries. Many women in business don’t feel that they are important enough or at a high enough level or valuable enough to warrant Executive Coaching.
While one of the reasons that fewer women hold top level business or leadership roles is due to taking a break to raise a family, there are other factors that stop women from progressing.
Women are less likely than men to ask for what they want and often accept what is given. Men will negotiate harder over salary increases and promotion prospects and so over time the number of men rising to top level positions increases as women ask for less and consequently get less.
Women are often uncomfortable around the idea of leveraging relationships, negotiating better options or choices, handling the emotions or politics of business.
Executive Coaching for Women: a different approach
The approach you take during executive coaching for women will acknowledge these unique differences and seek to support you to find solutions.
Some of the areas that frequently arise during the exploration process in an initial session might be to build a plan to be able to:
- Negotiate for what you want
- Be authoritative without being seen as bossy
- Manage male dominated teams from a female perspective
- Balance business and family life
- Make your accomplishments visible
- Overcome Imposter syndrome – thinking you don’t deserve to be in the role
- Develop a strong network that understands your challenges
- Keep emotions out of decision making but trusting your instinct
Executive coaching for women can help you to accelerate your development, become more confident in your abilities, learn to maximise and leverage your relationships, understand and play the politics of business.
Women in business and as leaders of organisations have much to offer in terms of emotional intelligence, understanding risk and growth and negotiating, Executive Coaching for Women can help you to succeed in your career.