Life is always ‘under construction’
Life happens, sometimes you hit problems and when you do it can be helpful to pause and reflect on how your life has developed so far and perhaps where you would like it to be.
I offer a safe and compassionate space, where you can explore things you may never have talked about before.
- Does life feel like a ‘treadmill’, ‘stuck’, ‘without direction’?
- Are painful thoughts surfacing, without any apparent reason?
- Are you questioning your gender, identity or sexuality?
My priority is to provide a confidential, empathic and accepting atmosphere in which you are free to question, reflect upon and express your true and unique self. Through a relationship built on trust, we work together to find your own way in the maze of life.
“You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are and change the ending.”
C. S. Lewis
Psychotherapy & Counselling with Catherine Jones
Life is always ‘under construction’
Clients often come to me when they feel ‘stuck’, ‘depressed’, ‘without direction’, there may be no specific trigger for these feelings. Together we can work out what is going on for you and explore how to get passed this time and enjoy the future.
Therapy can offer you a way to change the way you feel and the way you think.
During our sessions we can explore what is real, what is fixed in life, and what you ‘think’ is real and fixed but that are perhaps your misconceptions holding you back because you don’t know how else your life could be.
I offer an open, supportive and healing space to process your feelings and strengthen your identity. Together we explore your experiences and the way these shape the person you are and wish to become.
Who I Work With
Some of the reasons that clients have sought my help are:
- Addictive behaviour: exploring how this behaviour started and its impact on them emotionally and physically, and the impact it has on the relationships with those around them.
- The challenges of parenting and/or work/life balance: how becoming a parent has been ‘life changing’, how clients struggle with their new roles and responsibilities.
- Self-esteem: never feeling good enough, always hearing their critical inner voice. We have explored what drives their low self-worth and why they don’t see their own value.
- Relationship Issues: from complications within their intimate relationships to the challenges of family dynamics and the dynamics of workplace and social friendships.
- Major life changes: changes in career direction, becoming a parent, sudden changes in health or a life changing diagnosis and retirement, life is full of transition and sometimes we need to discuss how we are feeling with the changes that we sometimes choose or often that are imposed on us.
- Imposter syndrome: clients often find themselves taking on new roles but feeling undeserving or worse, believe they are less than competent to cope and yet others see them as capable of the role. During our sessions we have explored why they don’t ‘believe’ in themselves and why they ‘think’ they will be ‘found out’ or seen as a ‘fraud’.
- Finding meaning and purpose: some clients simply want to explore where they are at this moment in time, where they ‘fit in’ to the world, what they might want to achieve in the future. Clients come with a view to ‘reflect’ openly on themselves.
- Stress/Anxiety/Depression/Low Mood: sometimes clients come because they simply have a ‘sense’ that something is not right, there is nothing tangible, no obvious ‘trigger’ and yet they aren’t ‘happy’, ‘content’, ‘settled’, ‘comfortable in their skin’.
Therapy is an opportunity to be completely honest and open about what is going on in your life. It is a unique space where the focus is always on you. You can verbalise the thoughts and feelings that you carry around with you and together we can explore how you want to move forward and what you want the next chapter of your life to look like.
I often work with clients who have reached a stage where they feel stuck in either their personal or professional life. Often, the reasons that we behave as we do are based in childhood experience, so we can explore the patterns that may have served you in some way in the past but are no longer helpful. Awareness is the first step towards creating the changes that you are looking for. Then together we can think about how you can begin to live a more meaningful and purposeful life.
You may be facing a major life transition, becoming a parent, changing work roles, considering doing something completely different or just feel that your work/life balance is out of sync. Working with me will give the support and space you need to help you decide how to move forward.
A little more about me and how I work
I am a qualified Integrative Therapist and an accredited registered member of the National Counselling Society and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Being an Integrative Therapist means that I can utilise my understanding of the Psychodynamic, Humanistic and CBT approaches. However, my specific approach is always tailored to my client’s therapeutic needs as I recognise that each person is unique with a multitude of distinct experiences and feelings.
I have experience in offering therapy online, by phone and in person. I provide both time-limited and open-ended therapy for adults. Besides working as a private practitioner, I also work for an NHS-based counselling service.
I can offer therapy in Hungarian as well as in English, if you would rather speak in your native language.
I am an LGBTQ-affirmative therapist.
Areas I work with:
I believe therapy not only offers a space for processing confused, difficult or painful feelings but also creates an opportunity for self-discovery and self-development.
- anger and conflict management
- coping with anxiety and panic attacks
- bereavement, grief and loss
- childhood experiences and trauma
- depression, low moods and suicidal thoughts
- relationship challenges, infidelity and break-up
- identity crisis and questioning a sense of self
- aspects of LGBTQ and gender and sex diversity
- increasing self-awareness and self-esteem
- dreaming and nightmares
- workplace difficulties
Psychotherapy Qualifications and Training:
- BA in Education with Psychology
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling: Integrative Pathway
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
What to expect
Please, either call me or email me for my current availability.
Please email me to discuss therapy and ask any questions you may have about the process.
Please contact me to discuss fees.
I am a Health Provider with Aviva, Cigna and Vitality Health insurance companies.
Psychotherapy sessions at City Therapy Space: